Monday, February 6, 2012

27 weeks, New doc, new info, diabetes can suck it!

Today was my 27 week appointment. I was contacted last week by the midwives and told my case had been reviewed by the head OBGYN at the hospital and they had decided that I would be better off under their care. Diabetes and Pregnancy can be very complicated and they just feel safer with me under their care and honestly I do too. I will be monitored every week and have to do another urine screen which is such a pain in the rear, but it's better to know now if my kidneys are in tip top shape or if I'm leaking proteins.

Many women who are diabetic are just not able to get reliable information during pregnancy. There is a ton of info on gestational diabetes but for someone who is already diabetic and it can't be controlled with diet there really is very limited info. I will arrange to see an endocrinologist tomorrow and they will probably start insulin for my third trimester. I'm finding out that many endo's don't want their patients on metformin the last trimester as it creates a ton of complications for the baby.

Dehydration was an issue today and taking my sugar readings more. So back to 5 times a day pricking my fingers and increasing my water intake to 3 liters a day at least (try it, it's harder than you think).

Other than the doctors office I have low energy today and it's definitely affecting my mood. Getting mad at Papa Bear for insignificant stuff and have no patience with the dog. I did manage to make a homemade lasagna and yeast rolls and some cinnamon rolls for the am. Think I'm gonna hit the pillow and try to get some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment